Establish reliable feature-based parameters
Measurement tools help establish reliable feature-based parameters and thresholds. Measurement tools output quantitative information, either in pixels or real-world units.This information may be used as:
- Pass/fail criteria
- Data to be used by another tool
- Data to send to an external device
- Distance: Measures the distance between features, not just edges. References two edge tools.
- Angle: Determines the angle between two edges. References two edge tools.
- Circle radius: Measures the distance from the center of a circle to its edge. Creates an arc finder and returns the radius measurement.
- Calibration: Calibrates camera pixels to real-world units.
Cognex’s Calibration tool calibrates camera pixels to real-world units.