Quality and Compliance
Reduce risk and liability exposure
- Automakers expect defect free products
- Dealer repair charge backs are costly
- Annual auto-related warranty exposure is high
Safety critical parts: There is no room for error in safety-critical automotive components because, if a part is defective or missing, a crash could occur and someone could be injured or killed. Because most consumers expect airbags and anti-lock braking systems to be standard on vehicles today, automotive manufacturers must double and triple check all safety-critical components to ensure quality and decrease warranty costs and recall liability.Product traceability and lot control: The primary goal of many vision systems and image-based barcode readers is to increase productivity and process yield.
- Machine vision can be used to find a part, take a measurement and make an inspection while the product is being manufactured
- Part identification enables flexible manufacturing and traceability for product genealogy, warranty, etc.
- Vision and ID systems provide a tremendous amount of process data for continuous process improvement