Brand Protection with Package Inspection
Compliance and traceability improve patient safety and reduce liability exposure
Regardless of the products being made, packaging affects consumer perception of quality and value. If the wrong item is in a package, or a defective product ships, customer satisfaction and brand image are impacted. Manufacturers that make package compliance and traceability a priority achieve a significant competitive advantage.
Compliance, traceability and authenticationUniquely coding each lot, batch, or individual item to identify time and location of production can help you achieve more efficient and less costly recalls.
- Improve customer safety
- Prevent counterfeiting
- Stop parallel trade and sale through unauthorized channels
- Minimize losses
- Provide recall efficiency
- Protect the brand
Process Control and Supply Chain ManagementThe better and more precise the track and trace system, the faster you can identify and resolve problems. If profit margins are narrow, reduced manufacturing and supply chain costs can often be the difference between profit and loss.
- Improve management of work in process
- Reduce inventory
- Optimize availability and use of production tools
- Minimize distribution of non-conforming products
Full Range of Inspection and ID Solutions
Cognex offers the widest range of vision and ID products available from a single source to provide you with a solution for every application and budget.
- Verify the correct label and check position
- Detect errors on rolls of labels
- Verify presence of caps and safety seals on bottles
- Match package to product
- Read codes and verify text on flexible films and packages
- Read 1D and 2D codes and text on labels
- Read barcodes and text on flat, curved, or shiny surfaces
- Read and verify 2D codes printed direct on a product or container surface
- Color sorting and inspection
- Automate production with the ability to sort products or orient them for filling or packaging