1D and 2D Barcode Reading
Identification and data validation from Cognex facilitate serialization and traceability
Barcode reading is essential to any track-and-trace initiative. Most products contain a unique serial number in the form of 1D or 2D barcodes, which allow them to be tracked and traced as they move through the supply chain from production to the end user. Documenting this chain of custody throughout the product lifecycle makes it possible to verify the location of products and retrieve them in the case of a recall.
Cognex products allow companies to optimize the decoding process, increase system performance, and improve communications. Cognex’s image-based barcode readers offer industry-leading 99.9% read rates and industrial connectivity to keep pace with mark-and-read machines’ high speeds and throughput levels. Cognex offers both off-the-shelf and OEM barcode reading solutions that can be specified directly into track-and-trace systems.
- Documents inspection and code-reading results to comply with industry regulations, including UDI and GTIN
- Reads challenging 2D tax stamp codes found on tobacco and alcohol products
- Supports a wide range of 1D and 2D barcode symbologies including DataMatrix, GS1-128, GS1 DataBar, DotCode, and Pharmacode
- Universal communications protocols simplify integration between reader and plant network
- Easy set-up and deployment reduce build cycles and time to market
- Provides end-to-end traceability for recall efficiency
- Delivers high read rates for challenging, damaged, and omnidirectional codes