Cutting-edge performance for the toughest codes
Improve component traceability and operational efficiency by reading worn or damaged codes and direct-part marks (DPMs) in the harshest manufacturing environments.
Reliably read imperfect DPMs and label-based codes while withstanding oil, water, dirt and repeated collisions. Quickly setup, scan, and review feedback with the built-in OLED display and a range of industrial protocols and communication options.
Robust oil and water-resistant housing
DataMan 8700 series readers are built to endure relentless manufacturing environments, improving throughput and operational efficiency by thriving where other readers fail. With resilient IP67-rated housing, DataMan 8700 series readers adhere to ISO oil-resistance standards, can function in up to one meter of water, and can withstand multiple drops from 2.5 meters onto concrete.
See the DataMan 8700 in 360 degrees
Get a closer look at the advanced features the DataMan 8700 has to offer in a fully interactive guided 3D tour.See it live
Premium read performance in milliseconds
The DataMan 8700DX model is equipped with the latest patented decoding algorithms, HDR technology, high speed liquid lens, and a multi-core processor to read codes in under 150 milliseconds. Integrated diffuse, polarized, and direct lighting enables superior image formation to read dot peen, laser-etched, and label-based codes on challenging (shiny, cylindrical, dark) surfaces without any hot spots.
Intuitive design for optimal efficiency
The reader’s OLED display screen and on-device controls enable operators to setup and start scanning without connecting to a PC.
- Configure anywhere, anytime: OLED display screen and on-device controls enable operators to setup and start scanning without connecting to a PC.
- Integrated data dashboard: View important information such wireless signal strength, battery life, and code information details from the OLED display on the device.
- Clean, consistent information: Naming your reader allows you to easily identify the corresponding base station.
- Clear operator feedback: Powerful audio tone, color-coded lights, and vibration alert.
On-board industrial protocols enable the DataMan 8700 to seamlessly connect to PLCs and networks. DataMan 8700 supports multiple communication options including corded and wireless options:
- Wi-Fi: Roam any facility and reach any code in a secure environment by connecting a DataMan 8700 reader to a wireless router for ultimate mobility.
- Bluetooth direct connect: Pair your reader to a phone, PC, or tablet to review and populate codes to a smart device.
- Bluetooth connection to intelligent base station:The intelligent base station has the ability to communicate with a PLC or PC via Ethernet with industrial protocols, serial RS-232, or USB.
- Corded: Continuous communication to a device with USB, RS-232, and Ethernet with industrial protocols.