ARCL Supply Chain handles the E-Waste management procedure on behalf of Cognex.
Toll Free Number for E-Waste collection 1800123513
What Is E-Waste?
E-waste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their "useful life." Mobile Phones and their accessories, Telephones, Computers, VCDs, stereos, copiers, and Cameras are common electronic products. Many of these products can be reused, refurbished, or recycled. E-waste has been one of the fastest growing waste streams in the world. While e-waste contains valuable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, palladium and silver, it also contains harmful substances like cadmium, lead and mercury. In the absence of proper awareness, disposing e-waste in landfill can result in toxic emissions to the air, water and soil and pose a serious health and environmental hazards.
At COGNEX we understand that our responsibility doesn't end at selling you our products. COGNEX has been working on the safe disposal of electronic waste. Since electronic items are made of hazardous constituents the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) Government of India, called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1st Oct 2016.
COGNEX will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
COGNEX will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management. As a part of the e-waste recycling initiative, COGNEX has partnered with ARCL Supply Chain handles the e-Waste management procedure on behalf of Cognex. to comply with E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 in providing environmentally sound management of end of life electronics.
- Follow the instructions for proper handling of end-of-life equipment in our catalogue.
- Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorized recyclers/dismantlers.
- Consult your nearest listed Collection Point for disposing products that have reached end-of-life.
- Drop-off used Electronics, batteries or any accessories at the nearest listed Collection Point
- Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options.
- Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage.
- Never dismantle your electronic products yourself
- Never dispose of electronic products in bins having 'Do Not Dispose' sign.
- Never sell or give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like local scrap dealers/ rag pickers.
- Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills.
Collection Points/Drop Points
Find your nearest Collection Points