In-Sight 3D Standard05. October 2021 09:00
The In-Sight 3D Standard product class gives students an overview of the hardware and software used by the In-Sight 3D system. With the focus on getting their system up and running out of the box and installed for the first time, users learn how to walk through the process of connecting and powering up their vision system, acquiring a good image for inspection, locating and inspecting their parts in a 3D image, and setting the appropriate tolerances through a typical user interface. Students will also learn how to communicate results to the operator interface and other devices through the local network in real-life production environments.
Control, process, quality engineers and similar roles who need to be able to understand the installation, connection, acquisition, inspection, and communication necessary to build 3D vision application for industrial automation using In-Sight 3D vision systems.
At the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Connect to an In-Sight 3D-L4000 series camera
- Acquire an image using an In-Sight 3D-L4000 series camera
- Demonstrate how to place the 3D region of interest to allow for movement, size and rotation
- Utilize the Blob3D tool to find blobs above and below the reference plane on the part
- Utilize the 3D Measurement tools to measure the height between two blocks
- Outline which network functions are used to share data between TCP/IP devices on a network
- Create a custom user interface accessible from other devices including status indicators, inspection results and interactive controls to view and affect the vision application
- Employ utilities available to deploy the In-Sight 3D system such as user settings, restarting, backing up and restoring
We use Microsoft Teams to facilitate our virtual training events so that we may bring you the most interactive and engaging training experience.
Learn more, download, and install Microsoft Teams here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app
For some products that require special licenses and or HW, we provide you with TeamViewer remote logins so you can remotely connect to our physical classroom training stations and Cognex gear.
Learn more, download, and install TeamViewer here: https://www.teamviewer.com/
Continuing Education Units
Cognex’s Education Services has been recognized by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) as an accredited provider of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Participants will earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) after successful completion of this training event provided they are an active participant throughout the training event, and are in attendance for 100% of the training event’s designated training hours.
CEUs Offered: 1.4
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Windows® environment
- Download and review lecture manual
- Download and review hands-on lab exercise manual
- Download and review training images for use in class
Training Session Info
- Virtual Classroom (Live Online)
- Open Seats
- HW and Connections
- Software and Image Acquisition
- Pattern Location using PatMax 3D
- Extract Tools
- Measure Tools
- IO and Network Functions
- Operator Interfaces and HMIs