Cognex Designer Standard and Advanced22. September 2020 09:00
The Cognex Designer featuring Cognex Vision Controller Standard and Advanced class teaches the standard and advanced topics of how to create a vision application with the Cognex Designer programming environment which includes a built in HMI user interface.
This class gives new users an overview of the hardware and software used by Cognex Designer to quickly and efficiently program the system for automated vision inspections. With the focus on understanding image acquisition basics as well as core vision tools, users learn how to walk through the process of setting up a vision application using programming best practices of the Cognex Designer interface.
Students will learn to use advanced techniques and practices to accomplish their vision application needs such as user access, data storage, and HMI design. The Cognex Designer interface requires some integrated VisionPro programming, C# scripting, flow diagram component placement and integrated HMI creation so can students can focus on solving their vision solution needs quickly and effectively.
At the end of this training event, participants will be able to:
- Connect to the image source (camera or image database) and capture an image
- Implement a pattern recognition tool to locate a feature in the FOV
- Analyze an image for the presence/absence of a part using a Histogram tool
- Create a custom user interface accessible from other devices, including status indicators, results and controls to view and affect the vision application
- Configure a blob tool that will find blobs in a designated grey range
- Identify applications where Caliper and Geometry tools may be part of the vision solution
- Create and configure a calibration routine using the CalibNPointNPoint tool
- Setup an OCRMax tool to read characters
- Determine how to utilize the components in a Cognex Designer application
- Outline how Cognex Designer controls communication
- Employ utilities available to deploy the Cognex Designer system
- Discuss different lighting techniques
Cognex’s Education Services has been recognized by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) as an Accredited provider of CEUs.
Participants will earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) after successful completion of this training event provided they are an active participant throughout the training event, and are in attendance for 100% of the training event’s designated training hours.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of C# programming language
C# programming help guide will be provided for certain class topics.
Training Session Info
- Open Seats:
- Introduction and Image Acquisition
- Sequences and Programming
- Vision Tools
- PatMax and Fixturing
- Histogram, Caliper, and Blob
- OCRMax and IDTool