Image engine vision technology for clinical diagnostics
Cognex DataMan and MX series of industrial, image-based barcode readers decode 1-D and 2-D codes, from printed labels to the hardest to read direct part mark (DPM) codes, and deliver industry-leading read rates.
John Keating, 12-06-2011
Fast-paced clinical chemistry laboratory environments cannot afford to make mistakes. You can improve efficiencies while reducing costs with an automation system that incorporates machine vision technology like an image engine.
Clinical diagnostic OEMs strive to give you superior performance for your automated lab testing systems. Vision technology through the installation of image engines can set your systems apart from the competition providing improved system ease of use, intelligence and error proofing.
Typical applications aided by image engines:
- Test tube cap presence/absence
- Test tube identification by shape
- Proper system set up through object recognition
- Test tube size verification by width
- Micro-array tray identification / barcode reading
- Liquid level detection
- Pipette alignment and guidance
- 1-D linear barcode and 2-D matrix code reading