VisionPro 8.4 Capabilities Now Provided with Cognex Designer 2.0
Cognex offers complete vision solutions consisting of vision controllers, vision hardware, and vision software. Cognex Designer Vision Software recently has been introduced as Cognex's complete software environment to allow organizations to build 2D, 3D, and multi-camera vision software applications. As a result, important changes have been made for VisionPro software and how it is provided.
Beginning with the introduction of Cognex Designer software, Cognex Designer automatically includes the latest VisionPro software and capabilities. As a result, VisionPro is now offered together with Cognex Designer. This enables users to take advantage of the graphical capabilities of Cognex Designer with the vision tools of VisionPro software.
If you are an existing VisionPro user, you will have the option to stay in the VisionPro software environment. Details are provided later on this page. However, we believe you will want to consider building new vision applications using the new Cognex Designer / VisionPro package. The development and maintenance efficiencies are significant in using the combination of graphical capabilities and PLC integration that Cognex Designer provides together with the vision tools provided by VisionPro.
Capabilities for Existing VisionPro Users
- Package includes Cognex Designer, VisionPro, and Cognex hardware (VC5, 8704e, or CC24)
- Graphical sequence diagrams in Designer allow programmers and non-programmers to quickly build 90-100% of vision systems if they so choose
- Designer provides integrated and easy PLC and IO communication - much more effort in VisionPro
- Vision Pro is integrated with Cognex Designer
- Obtain the latest vision tools, such as PatMax® AutoTune
- Full access to current and latest vision tools through integrated VisionPro
- Organizations can choose to maintain existing applications in VisionPro software
- Integrated License Security built into the hardware: Replaces hardware dongles that have become misplaced or compromised at organizations.
New Capabilities provided with VisionPro 8.4 / Cognex Designer 2.0 integration
- PatMax® AutoTune - For making baselines with noisy images
- Integrated PLC and IO communication - Through new Cognex Designer sequence blocks
- New 3D vision tools provided - When this software is ordered with a Cognex DS Displacement sensor
- New camera and card support - New Cognex 8704e 4-port GigE interface card, CIC cameras, and new Cognex DS displacement sensor support
Staying with Existing VisionPro Software (VisionPro 8.2 with Service Releases)
Many organizations have been using VisionPro software for years to develop applications. However, we believe you will want to consider building new vision applications using the new Cognex Designer / VisionPro package. The development and maintenance efficiencies in using the graphical capabilities and PLC integration that Cognex Designer with the vision tools provided by VisionPro are considered significant. Organizations that wish to remain with their current software may choose to do so using VisionPro 8.2. VisionPro 8.2 will offer periodic fixes available through Service Releases. However, new feature and capability updates (like PatMax AutoTune) will only be available in newer releases of VisionPro offered through the Cognex Designer package.
Ordering Cognex Designer and VisionPro with Cognex VC5, 8704e, or CC24 Hardware
Cognex Designer and VisionPro software are provided together when you order the Cognex VC5 vision controller, 8704e GigE cameras interface card, or CC24 IO and PLC card. Visit the Ordering Information section for how to order and obtain Cognex Designer software.
- Total hardware independence: use the camera, frame grabber, or direct-connect digital standard of your choice
- Industry-leading VisionPro power tools for reliable performance
- Fast and flexible application development: drag and drop, scripting, or programming
- Simple setup: intelligent software fixtures position tools dynamically
- Reusable tool groups shorten development time
- Designed to harness maximum power provided by modern multicore machines
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 in five languages
- Supports seamless switching between Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
For more information on Cognex Designer Vision Software and other Cognex products:
Contact Sales | Get Product Pricing | Download the CIC Camera Datasheet | Get a Product Demo