Cognex VC5 Vision Controller
The Cognex VC5 Vision Controller provides users a pre-qualified, ready-to-go, Cognex trusted brand vision system to create, deploy, and maintain 3D and 2D multi-camera machine vision applications.
The Cognex VC5 Vision Controller directly connects to Cognex industrial GigE Vision® cameras and Cognex 3D laser displacement sensors and allows for the combination of up to four area scan, line scan or 3D displacement sensors. Integrated and pre-qualified hardware and software does away with third party accessory evaluation and avoids driver incompatibility and similar performance issues to reduce development time and sourcing complexity.
The robust, fan-less design has no moving parts, which allows the VC5 to offer high vibration immunity and makes it suitable for dusty industrial environments. The VC5 offers high-speed parallel image acquisition from cameras or 3D displacement sensors and includes a rich set of discrete I/O and encoder inputs, deterministic precision I/O sub-system, and networking capabilities for common factory protocols.
Summary of Key Capabilities
- Camera Ready - Immediate connectivity for up to 4 GigE Cognex Industrial Cameras or Cognex 3D Displacement Sensors
- 4 independent GigE channels for simultaneous acquisition with Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- MADE for the factory floor - Fan-less, solid state hard drive, PLC and I/O integration
- Dedicated factory Communication - Allen-Bradley/Rockwell EIP, Siemens PROFINET, Mitsubishi SLMP, and TCP/IP protocol support
- Discrete I/O - 24 Opto isolated Precision I/O (8 in, 16 out) with dedicated CPU, 24V capable
- Quadrature Encoder Input
- Complete Cognex Vision Software included - The VC5 comes pre-installed with the latest release of Cognex Designer and VisionPro software for machine vision application development, including PatMax®, IDMax®, OCRMax® and now PatMax AutoTune
- Integrated License Security is built into the hardware
| || |
Organizations can be more efficient in their vision application development and deployment without having to worry about PC selection, camera and IO connectivity, or software installation incompatibilities.
- Pre-qualified by Cognex - The VC5 has been pre-qualified and tested by Cognex for all its GigE Cognex Industrial Cameras and its 3D displacement sensors
- One-stop shopping - Organizations order hardware and software together (Cognex VC5, Designer, and cameras/sensors) - no questions about what goes together.
- Tested by Cognex - No questions about what works together, or worrying about incompatible drivers, etc.
- Installed by Cognex - Software (Designer with VisionPro and vision tools) comes pre-installed by Cognex on the Cognex VC5 hardware - no need to worry about an installation procedure.
- Long-term hardware availability - The long-term availability of the VC5 Vision Controller allows customers to standardize on a hardware platform.
- All supported by Cognex - Organizations can call one, single company for technical support for their vision hardware and software, rather than going back-and-forth between multiple companies
Typical Cameras/Sensors Ordered Together:
This hardware is always ordered with Cognex CIC Industrial Cameras for 2D multi-camera applications and/or Cognex 3D Displacement Sensors for 3D applications to provide a complete vision system delivered and supported by Cognex.
For more information on Cognex VC5 Vision Controller and other Cognex products:
Contact Sales | Get Product Pricing | Download the VC5 Product Guide | Get a Product Demo