The Cognex CC24 is an I/O and factory integration card available for developing machine vision software applications with Cognex and third-party cameras. It is the recommended I/O and factory floor integration card for all new vision software applications going forward for organizations building their own industrial PCs for machine vision.
The CC24 is qualified by Cognex for use with Cognex software and hardware. Cognex Designer and VisionPro software are included with this I/O and PLC card.
- Discrete I/O: 24 Precision I/Os controlled by a dedicated, real time subsystem (8 inputs, optically isolated; 16 outputs, optically isolated)
- Encoder support: For connecting a single-ended or quadrature encoder
- Factory communication supported: EIP, PROFINET, SLMP, and TCP/IP
- Dedicated on-board CPU processing
- Dedicated real-time subsystem: Enables Hardware Event Manager, delay lines, advanced handshaking without loading vision processing
- Integrated License Security is built into this hardware for Cognex Designer, VisionPro, and Cognex vision tools to replace hardware dongles that can become misplaced or compromised at organizations.
Software Included: The latest release of Cognex Designer Vision Software for machine vision application development is included with this hardware. The hardware also includes the latest VisionPro Vision software for access to the compete library of Cognex vision tools, including PatMax AutoTune.
Typical Cameras/Sensors/Hardware Ordered Together:
This I/O and PLC card is typically ordered with the GigE Frame Grabber when building a machine vision system that uses Cognex CIC Industrial Cameras for 2D multi-camera applications and Cognex 3D Displacement Sensors for 3D applications, or third-party 2D cameras that support the GigE standard.
Cognex ready-to-go vision system now available:
The CC24 is suitable for those building their own industrial PC system. For users that are ready to obtain a pre-qualified, ready-to-go vision solution, Cognex now provides complete vision software systems available with the Cognex VC5 Vision Controller. The VC5 contains the capabilities of the CC24 among many other capabilities as described on the VC5 product page.