Cognex Designer 2.0 Vision Software
Cognex Designer is an integrated development environment for 2D multi-camera and 3D vision applications. Creating machine vision applications has become increasingly complex over the years, and Cognex Designer provides the tools for breaking down the complexity into manageable tasks in order to complete vision projects successfully in a shorter period of time.
Key capabilities of Cognex Designer:
- Graphical environment – Graphical sequence diagrams in Cognex Designer allow machine vision engineers to quickly build 90-100% of vision their systems without the need for advanced programming
- Integrated factory floor and I/O communication – Communication with Rockwell, Siemens, and Mitsubishi PLCs – without scripting – directly within Cognex Designer
- Access to included world-class vision tools – Cognex Designer is bundled with VisionPro® software, providing access to PatMax®, PatMax AutoTune, IDMax®, and OCRMax®
- Database, Audit trail, and Recipe management
- Rich HMI user interface – The integrated HMI user interface builder allows for easy development of professional looking user interfaces with advanced functionality.
- Qualified with Cognex hardware – Cognex Industrial Cameras, Cognex 3D laser displacement sensors, Cognex 8704e 4-port GigE Frame grabber, CC24 I/O card, and VC5 vision controller>
- Integrated license security - License security is built into the hardware to replace hardware dongles that can become misplaced or compromised at organizations
What's new in Cognex Designer 2.0?
Cognex Designer 2.0 is a major new software release that provides significant new capabilities to allow customers to build their vision applications completely and efficiently. Existing Cognex Designer 1.0 customers can upgrade for free to Cognex Designer 2.0.
Major new features in Designer 2.0:
- Integrated factory floor and I/O communication – Communication with Rockwell, Siemens, and Mitsubishi PLCs – without scripting – directly within Cognex Designer using sequence blocks
- Mitsubishi SLMP PLC support added
- VisionPro tool updates – PatMax AutoTune added for noisy images and multiple 3D vision tools with a Cognex Designer and 3D displacement sensor purchase
- Improved HMI interface capabilities and appearance – Improved HMI Buttons, lock/unlock HMI Elements
- Project collaboration and reuse – Export and import Cognex Designer templates to maximize project collaboration and reuse
- New cameras and frame grabbers supported – 8704e 4-port GigE frame grabber, Cognex displacement sensors, high resolution CIC cameras.
- Precision I/O improvements – Access to advanced event handling without scripting, multi-camera strobe and acquisition sequence block, trigger reject sequences
- Data Handling improvement – Sequence blocks to compose and decompose arrays
- Utility Access – Direct access to GigE Vision Configurator and Communication Card Configurator with Cognex Designer during start-up
Ordering Cognex Designer with Cognex VC5, 8704e, or CC24 Hardware
Cognex Designer and VisionPro software are available in a bundle with the VC5 Vision Controller, 8704e Frame Grabber, or CC24 IO and PLC Communication card. A development license is also available. Visit the Ordering and System Information section for how to order and obtain Cognex Designer software.
For more information on the Cognex Designer and other Cognex products:
Contact Sales | Get Product Pricing | Download the Product Guide | Get a Product Demo