In-Sight 500 Vision System
Accelerated image acquisition for inspection on ultra-high speed manufacturing processes
The In-Sight® 500 vision system is a high-performance vision system, packaged in a rugged, IP65-rated housing. The In-Sight 500 vision system boosts an accelerated acquisition implementation which enables the system to acquire partial images up to 500 frames per second (fps). In addition to the standard In-Sight programming interface, In-Sight 500 provides an extensive tool set and state-of-the-art communication methods.
Powered by Cognex VSoC™
The In-Sight 500 vision system is powered by a proprietary vision chip technology, Cognex VSoC™ (Vision System on a Chip), which enables the system to process images at up to 500 fps with windowed acquisition.
High speed, simple vision inspection
In addition to the standard In-Sight programming interface, expansive tool set and communication methods, the In-Sight 500 vision system achieves speeds of 100fps at the full 1024 x 768 pixels of resolution and 200fps at 640 x 480. What’s more, In-Sight 500 provides the ability to further window an acquired image which can accelerate the acquisition to as high as 500 fps.
Inspection using blobs, histogram, edges at higher acquisition speeds
In-Sight 500 can acquire images while simultaneously processing applications at 500 fps. Its fast acquisition speed and powerful processor make this vision system ideal for applications requiring relatively simple inspection applications. The full suite of In-Sight tools and communication methods is available with In-Sight 500, including Cognex Connect™ which supports EtherNet/IP and PROFINET, among other communication protocols.
- Built-in lighting
- A 1024x768 custom CMOS imager
- 4 inputs and 4 outputs
- C/CS-mount lens
- Power over Ethernet power supplies
- Standard machine vision external lighting options
All the features of the standard model, along with the Cognex patented geometric pattern matching tool PatMax®.
- PatMax utilizes advanced geometric pattern matching technology to reliably and accurately locate parts. Even under the most challenging conditions, this tool can significantly reduce or eliminate fixturing requirements and cost.
- For locating parts or features, PatMax provides the maximum vision inspection yield and reliability available in a vision system.