DataMan 500 Barcode Reader
Supercharged ID performance for factory automation applications
The high performance DataMan 500 fixed-mount barcode reader is powered by a proprietary vision chip technology, Cognex VSoC™ (Vision System on a Chip), providing unmatched barcode reading and ease of use not found in other image-based or laser systems available today.
||DataMan 500 reads barcodes at twice the speed of other readers and is so easy to use, and reads codes so well, that it doesn’t have to be positioned optimally to achieve high read rates.
Unmatched read rate performance
- Cognex VSoC provides ultra fast autoexposure and image acquisition speeds of up to
- Read up to 90 codes per second
- Decode the most challenging 1-D and 2-D barcodes with proven 1DMax and 2DMax
Ease of deployment
- Fast deployment—just point and read!
- Trigger-free reading reduces overall setup costs and deployment time
- The power of Cognex VSoC technology minimizes the need for external lighting and
High-speed Ethernet communications
- Cognex Connect™ communications suite supports EtherNet/IP and PROFINET protocols
- Power over Ethernet (POE) eliminates a separate power supply or communication line
- Supports RS-232 for integration into legacy systems
- Flexible lens options—C-mount lens or a variable focus liquid lens providing maximum
depth of field flexibility
- Field interchangeable lighting—choose the integrated LED lighting or the high-powered illumination accessory
DataMan 500 is available in two models
DataMan 500 QL. For high-speed, 1-D barcode scanning applications in food, beverage, consumer products, pharmaceutical, document handling, and logistics applications.
DataMan 500 X. All the benefits of the DataMan QL reader
plus 2DMax to read even the most challenging matrix codes
in the automotive, aerospace, electronics, and medical device industries.