Companies around the world rely on Cognex vision to optimize product quality, drive down manufacturing costs and control traceability.
When Cognex was founded in 1981, we were one of the first machine vision companies to get started when the subject was just emerging from academic laboratories.
Our engineers pioneered some of the earliest commercial applications for machine vision. Many vision tools that are now commonly used in the industry were the brainchild of our co-founder, Bill Silver, an MIT graduate who is recognized as one of the world’s leading experts in machine vision.
We employ the best and brightest vision scientists and engineers in the world and we continue to invest heavily in our core vision technology. In many cases our R&D investment alone is greater than our competitors’ total annual revenue.
Cognex’s commitment to continuous innovation ensures our ability to continue to develop and deliver powerful vision tools that work for our customers in real environments throughout the world.
Largest team of vision experts
Largest installed base of systems
- 37% of employees are engineers
- 36% have advanced degrees
- More than 900,000 installations
- More than one billion products are made each day with Cognex vision
- 15% of revenue
- 500+ man years
- 660+ patents issued or pending worldwide
- Some of the tools and patented technologies include:
- PatMax®, PatFlex®, PatInspect®
- IDMax®, IDQuick™, 1DMax+™, 2DMax+™
- OCRMax™, OCVMax™
- MatchColor™, ExtractColor™
- Cognex VSoC™
- One-Click Setup™
- Internal Triggering