FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NATICK, MA USA March 28, 2013
COGNEX EXPANDS SERIES OF HIGH PERFORMANCE, LOW-COST BARCODE READERS
New compact series targets raster and single-line scanner applications
Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX), the world's leading supplier of industrial ID systems, announced today that it has added two new models to the DataMan® 50 series of compact barcode readers and a new DataMan 60 series with three models that offer Ethernet connectivity. These new products round out Cognex’s line of high-performance, low-cost barcode reading applications typically handled by single-line or raster laser scanners. The new DataMan readers feature a compact form factor as well as the same powerful, proprietary barcode reading technology, visualization for performance feedback, and solid state design found on Cognex premium readers. The DataMan 50/60 series barcode readers are available at a price equivalent to existing laser scanner products.
Advanced technology for laser scanner users
“We’ve seen tremendous demand for the recently introduced DataMan 50L in 1-D oriented barcode scanning applications,” says Cognex Vice President and Business Unit Manager for ID Products, Carl Gerst. “Laser scanner users, tired of constant repair and replacement costs, were ready for a change to newer and better technology. The new models allow us to offer a complete product range of high-performance, low-cost barcode readers for all applications typically covered by raster and single-line laser scanners and complement our existing line of premier industrial barcode readers.”
The DataMan 50 and DataMan 60 series of barcode readers are available in three models:
- DataMan 50/60L: Fast, accurate reading of 1-D oriented barcodes (either ladder or picket fence).
- DataMan 50/60QL: Best-in-class reading of 1-D omnidirectional barcodes.
- DataMan 50/60 S: For reading 1-D omnidirectional barcodes or 2-D matrix codes.
Exceptional read rate performance and reliability
DataMan image-based barcode readers are superior to laser scanners in several ways; they offer higher read rates, performance feedback, and better reliability.
All DataMan barcode readers feature:
- Hotbars™, a proprietary technology that provides the highest read rates of 1-D linear barcodes, including those that are damaged, distorted, blurred, scratched, low height or low contrast.
- IDQuick™, for fast, accurate reading of 2-D codes (S models).
- The ability to analyze “no reads” by letting the user see what the reader sees, either live on a monitor or through image archiving.
- Solid state design with no moving parts that can become worn out and require replacement.
- RS-232, USB, and Ethernet (DataMan 60 models) connectivity options.
The DataMan 50/60 series is available now. For more information, visit www.cognex.com/compact-barcode-reader.aspx.
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets machine vision and industrial ID systems, or devices that can "see." Cognex vision and ID systems are used around the world for a wide range of inspection, identification and guidance applications throughout the manufacturing and distribution process. Cognex is the world's leader in the machine vision and industrial ID industries, having shipped more than 850,000 systems, representing over $3 billion in cumulative revenue, since the company's founding in 1981. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, USA, Cognex has regional offices and distributors located throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Japan and Latin America. For details, visit Cognex on-line at http://www.cognex.com.